A guaranteed ride home when you need it
If you are considering using alternative transportation, but are concerned that there may be times in which you need to use a car to get somewhere quickly for a personal emergency, the Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) program has you covered.
Register with the GRH program, and, if you have an eligible emergency on a day you commuted by carpool, vanpool, biked, walked or took transit, we will help you get home with a FREE and reliable ride.
How does it work?
Complete a free online registration. Registered participants can request reimbursements up to four times per year or $100 in value, whichever comes first, for eligible trips with valid documentation.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for Guaranteed Ride Home you must:
- Ride the bus, METRO or Northstar, or carpool, vanpool, bicycle or walk to work or school at least three times per week.
- Pre-register for the program.
- Have an email address and internet access.
- Be 18 or over
What type of trips are eligible?
- Unexpected overtime that forces you to miss your bus, train, carpool or vanpool.
- You become ill and need to leave work or school early.
- An immediate family member becomes ill and needs to be picked up early from daycare, school or work.
- Your carpool or vanpool driver unexpectedly needs to leave work early or stay late.
How do I get started?
Register using the link below. It’s easy and free. You’ll create an account with your commute information.
To use your ride home on a bus or train, a Go-To Card or other stored value pass is required. Use your Go-To Card or pass to pay for the ride. Within a week of the trip, log on to your account and fill out an online reimbursement request. We’ll credit your balance with the amount you paid.
To use your ride home for a taxi, car-share, transportation network company (Uber, Lyft, etc.) or car rental trip, contact the provider of your choice. A Go-To Card is not required for taxi reimbursement. Pay for the ride and be sure to get a receipt that displays the date, time, provider name and fare. Within 10 days of your ride, fill out an online reimbursement request. For paper receipts, print the request form and submit it by mail along with your receipt. If you received your receipt digitally, upload the file to the web form. Late submissions and submissions from unlicensed taxis will be declined. You will receive your reimbursement check by mail within a month after we receive the request form.
Read our data privacy act